Our Wellington team is recruiting for an experienced Driver/Yard Assistant with labouring and driver responsibilities. You will be required to help with the day to day operations of the yard, including deliveries to our site teams, and you’ll work with our Yard and Plant Manager to ensure the smooth running of our yard and plant.
Your main responsibilities will be the efficient management and supply of plant, equipment and transport services to building sites, arrange additional peak time cartage capacity on a tightly controlled basis and ensure that all equipment is identified and maintained in a safe and working order before distributing to another site.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you:
- Have a clean license with a Class 2/3 endorsement
- Are disciplined and self-motivated with a positive approach to work
- Have practical knowledge of building tools and equipment
- Have effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Are physically fit
- Can prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Are computer literate, able to use email, maintain system tracking systems etc
- Can take responsibility for the safe operation of plant and yard
In return, we offer competitive hourly rate of pay, an inclusive work environment that will constantly challenge you, and the safeguard of a generous company health scheme.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and drug screening.
Any applicant must be eligible to work within New Zealand either as a resident or by holding a current work visa.
Applications close on 14 May 2021.
Naylor Love is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion across all areas of our business.