Health and Safety is a hot topic in New Zealand, with increasing statutory requirements for everyone associated with a project. We are well placed to embrace this change at Naylor Love, with innovative health and safety systems and consistently excellent results in internal and external safety audits and inspections.
We are absolutely committed to ensuring that everyone on and around our sites is safe, with extensive experience in sensitive live environments such as hospitals and schools, high security environments such as prisons, and high risk environments such as airports.
We specify our high expectations for health and safety right from our first contact with prospective subcontractors, and reinforce these on site for both our subs and staff with a comprehensive on-going programme of safety meetings and training, regular inspections, audits and reporting, and recognition for exceptional performance.
Our specialist team of Health and Safety Managers take a hands-on approach on site. They also oversee our regional Health and Safety committees, ensuring excellent levels of staff engagement. Everyone at Naylor Love is sent a weekly report of incidents, accidents and near misses – lessons learned are quickly propagated through the whole company.
We maintain strong connections with organisations that drive health and safety improvement in the construction industry in New Zealand, with the following memberships and accreditations:
- Site Safe: Charter Accreditation with Tier 1 and Tier 2 Status, Site Safe Membership, SiteWise prequalification (Green)
- ACC: Tertiary Standard Accreditation for ACC Workplace Safety Management Practices
- Impac PREQUAL Contractor Pre-Qualification
- Business Leader’s Health & Safety Forum – a leadership organisation for CEOs from New Zealand’s leading companies
- Canterbury Rebuild Safety Charter – signatory and strong involvement in initiatives such as fatigue management and drug and alcohol awareness and monitoring
- ANZ Contractor Accreditation Compliance
- Local Authority Contractor Pre-Qualification
- Signatory to a commitment by New Zealand’s major construction firms to standardise site H&S
Whether you are a client, a consultant, a subcontractor, a supplier, or one of our own staff members, you can rely on Naylor Love to prioritise health and safety on our sites.