Some of our current major projects in Wellington are:
- Hutt City Council Town Hall and Events Centre: earthquake strengthening of the Lower Hutt Town Hall, demolition of the old Horticultural Hall and the construction of a new event/convention centre.
- Huia Pool: construction of a building that encloses two new connected pools and a gymnasium on the first floor.
- Victoria Street Development: demolition of the existing building at 47 Manners Street and the construction of a new 1,500m² building with a range of retail, hospitality and commercial tenancies.
- Te Papa Exterior Panel Replacement: replacement of exterior aluminium composite panelling at Te Papa.
- Tory Street Car Park: demolition of the nine-storey Reading Cinema parking building following earthquake damage.
- Wakefield Supermarket: a purpose-built 3,500m² central city supermarket and undercover car park.
- NZMA House: new six-storey building which maintains the original heritage listed front and side facades.
- Newtown School: new 1410m² classroom block with 14 teaching spaces, plus general remediation and landscaping works around the school
- Main Block Redevelopment, Wellington East Girls’ College: construction of a new building behind a heritage façade, which we strengthened in a previous project. The new building will contain various administration, teaching, cultural and specialist education spaces.
- Riddiford Garden Upgrade: major landscaping project in Riddiford Garden around the newly completed Hutt City Council Administration Building, involving hard and soft landscaping, and a new pavilion containing an electricity substation, public toilets and a community kiosk.
- Amora Hotel: Refurbishment of an upmarket 192-room five-storey hotel in central Wellington.
- Executive Wing Upgrade: reconfiguration of the ground floor and entry of the Beehive, a high-security live environment.
The Director of Naylor Love Wellington Ltd is Nick Clayton.